The 2013-14 athletic season at the Ontario High School and Middle School was one of the most successful seasons in the history of our school. The school's athletic accomplishments provided the residents of the City of Ontario with a sense of community pride and triumphs that we rallied around and bragged about. Some of these accomplishments included:
• Our Men's Basketball Team was ranked #1 in the Final Division 2 poll, beating the eventual state champion, and winning the conference title with an overall record of 21-2.
• Our Men's Swim Team qualified a school record ten swimmers to the State championships winning the sectional, district and conference championships.
• Our Women's Soccer Team followed up their #2 (runner-up) finish in the state championship in 2012 by qualifying for district finals in 2013.
• Our 2013 and 2012 Baseball Teams were ranked #1 in State in the Final Division 3 poll, winning conference and district championships in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
• Members of the following high school teams qualified for district or sectional championships: Cross Country/ Wrestling/ Women's Swimming/ Men's Tennis/ Men's & Women's Track.
• Middle School Teams won the N.O.L. League in 7th/8th Grade Cross Country and 8th Grade Girls Basketball.
The Ontario Athletic Booster Club has donated in excess of $200,000 to Ontario Schools for athletic permanent improvements, general team needs and scholarships. The Booster Club has completed projects that have improved the football and track press box facilities, purchased new scoreboards for the baseball and softball teams and improved the playing conditions of the fields at the soccer and baseball fields. In addition, we have purchased track and swimming capital needs. All of the high school teams have been the recipient of financial assistance from the Booster Club.
One of the many goals of the Booster Club is to develop a plan for the long-term improvement of the athletic facilities at the high school and middle school. We are presently researching and discussing various options that will address improving our facilities. Our areas of concern include: an improved and expanded weight room, the need for more space for practice and conditioning for soccer, baseball, softball, golf and tennis.
Our major fund-raising activities include bingo, operation of the sports concession stands and sponsorships by you, the Warrior Sports Fan. Bingo is held at the Richland County Fairgrounds on Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 6:30 p.m. We are a volunteer organization and help is always needed for all of our activities, especially bingo. Booster Club meetings are held on the first Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at the high school. We would like to encourage you to become a member of the Ontario Athletic Booster Club. Registration forms and information on Booster Club membership levels and benefits are available on the high school website (www.ontarioschools.org/ AthleticBoosters).
In addition, the Booster Club is hosting two fund-raising parties, our Reverse Raffle and Purse Bingo. Last years events raised over $25,000 and a GREAT time was had by all who attended. This years parties are not to be missed. Reverse Raffle is November 8, 2014. Purse Bingo will be held April 11, 2015. Please Join us - you will be glad you did.
IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A WARRIOR!