• Our Men's Basketball Team was ranked #1 in the Final Division 2 poll, beating the eventual state champion, and winning the conference title with an overall record of 21-2.
• Our Men's Swim Team qualified a school record ten swimmers to the State championships winning the sectional, district and conference championships.
• Our Women's Soccer Team followed up their #2 (runner-up) finish in the state championship in 2012 by qualifying for district finals in 2013.
• Our 2013 and 2012 Baseball Teams were ranked #1 in State in the Final Division 3 poll, winning conference and district championships in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
• Members of the following high school teams qualified for district or sectional championships: Cross Country/ Wrestling/ Women's Swimming/ Men's Tennis/ Men's & Women's Track.
• Middle School Teams won the N.O.L. League in 7th/8th Grade Cross Country and 8th Grade Girls Basketball.
The Ontario Athletic Department will no longer be using the website Ohioalerts.org for managing updates on game scores and changes for Ontario's sporting events. Instead, parents, coaches, and athletes can receive updated sports news by using twitter@millerct22 and/or the website www.remind.com (which is similar to Ohio Alerts).
If you use the Remind site, be sure to sign into the site as either a student/parent or a teacher. You will be directed to Subscribe to your class by filling in the class code box. Type in: ontarioa in the box and click Enter. You will then be asked to join Mr. Miller's Ontario Athletics. Click on the blue box and you will then be directed to determine how you wish to be contacted.
On behalf of the Ontario Booster Club, Ontario Athletes, Coaches, and Staff, a sincere thank you is extended to all those who provided donations and supported the first annual Ontario Purse Bingo, March 22. The event was successful in hosting 300 women who played bingo for a chance to win one of twenty designer purses. The most expensive purse was valued at $1300.00 and donated by Bob Ohl Construction. The 50/50 winner took home over $1000 in prize money. Over 50 baskets and 50 door prizes were also raffled throughout the evening’s festivities. Plenty of food, drinks, and good times were had by all. The evening raised 14 thousand dollars for the Ontario Athletic Booster Club.
Next year’s event is already being planned and will be moved to a larger facility to accommodate even more participants. The date for the second annual purse bingo is April 11, 2015 in the Fairhaven Hall at the Richland County Fairgrounds. A large screen will be available to feature bingo numbers and post each purse winner.
Be sure to check the Ontario Boosters’ website for more information regarding this and other upcoming events. Our committee will be soliciting donations for next year’s event starting January of 2015.
Contact – If you have any questions or comments, please contact Dave Rehfeldt, 419-565-1936 or email - email@example.com