The staff at Ontario Middle School welcomes you the 2017-2018 school year. We are committed to doing all we can to make ths school year a successful experience for every student. We offer a challenging curriculum. Each grade level consists of honors courses in math, literature, science, and social studies. Qualifying eithth graders can earn high school credit in algebra, physical science, and Spanish. People say that change is good, and that is true. But change can also be scary. In middle school there are new routines, changing classes, lockers, more teachers, and social events.
Kids drastically change academically, emotionally, physically, and socially between the 6th and 8th grade years. Research indicates that a parent's involvement in a child's education is directly related to his/her success. To maximize your child's success, emphasize the importance of education through the following:
- Ensure that your child is at school on time each day.
- Attend parent/teacher conferences and school events.
- Monitor your child's homework. Each student is provided an agenda, and ProgressBook (online gradebook) is a great tool.
- Expect and suppport positive behavior.
- Help your child stay organized.
- Teach proper etiquette with electronic devices and monitor usage.
Communication is key! Please take the time to peruse the OMS Handbook which is included in the beginning section of the student agenda. Included in the handbook is a lot of useful information and school policies.