Ontario Local Schools

Ontario Schools Open Enrollment Information

Welcome to Ontario Local Schools

We appreciate you and your family being here and we thank you for trusting us with your child's education. We strive to provide each student with a rigorous education in a safe learning environment.

Ontario Local Schools uses Final Forms, a web-based software to eliminate the use of paper forms.  This requires each student's parent/guardian to have an account, in which an active email is required. Within Final Forms you will complete all contact, emergency medical, transportation, athletic, and enrollment information.

Open Enrollment

Dear Parents/Guardians,

We would like to thank you for considering Ontario Local Schools! This page was created to assist you in your decision making process. Please see the following recourses below!

Applications for admission from other Ohio districts may be submitted via the online form Wednesday March 1, 2024. All applications either for returning open enrollments or new open enrollments will be accepted at the discretion of the Superintendent. Families who are currently open enrolled and plan to return the following year will need to complete an application for each student.  A separate application must be completed for each student wishing to be considered for the Ontario Local Schools' interdistrict open enrollment program. Parents will be notified, no later than the first week of June, with the determination of approval or denial of their child(ren) for the open enrollment process. 

Documentation - Newly Accepted Open Enrollment Students Only (Not needed for application)

The following documentation is required, along with the completion of the form set in Final Forms, in order to complete the registration process.  All documentation should be brought to your appointment with our Central Registrar. During your appointment you will be set up and given time to complete Final Forms. Your child’s enrollment is not considered complete, and your child will not be assigned to a class or bus transportation, until this is complete and all documentation is on file in our office.

Parent/Guardian Photo ID
Driver’s license
Military ID
State ID

Proof of the Child’s Age
Birth certificate
Attested transcript of a hospital record

Proof of Residency
A current utility bills in the parent’s name or Lease/rental agreement 

Current Immunization Records
Kindergarten students: Immunization record, 5-year physical form, and dental form.
All students in grades 1-12: current immunization records
Students entering grades  7 & 12 additional immunizations are due and records need provided

Proof of Custody

If the child’s parents are divorced, provide a copy of the complete court document (divorce/dissolution decree, shared parenting agreement, or other court determination of custody) including the cover page with filed/date stamp, page stating legal custodial/residential parent, and judge’s signature page (RC 3313.672 (B)(1)).

If legal custody is being established or changed, the petitioner has sixty (60) days from the date of enrollment to produce a signed Journal Entry of Judgment establishing a change in custody.  In order for your child to be enrolled in Ontario Local Schools during this waiting period, you must provide a copy of the filed/date stamped motion petitioning the court for a change in custody, and sign an Seeking Custody Affidavit stating that a custody change is in progress.

If someone other than the parent has been given legal guardianship or custody of the child, you must provide a copy of the court order transferring custody.

Grandparent POA (Power of Attorney) must be filed with the court.  We will NOT accepted a notarized document without being filed with the court.

The general rule in Ohio is that an unmarried female who gives birth to a child is the sole residential parent and legal custodian of the child until a court issues an order designating another person as the residential parent and legal custodian (RC 3109.042).  In such cases, the mother will be asked to sign an Unmarried Parent Affidavit stating that she was not married to the father, and that legal custody of the child has not been assigned to either parent by the court.

School Records

Our Registrar will  request your child’s official records from their previous school; however, it is helpful if you provide an unofficial transcript or the child’s most recent report card, and Special Education records (IEP, ETR, 504 Plan) if applicable.
View text-based website