- Weightlifting is open to all 7th and 8th graders on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 in the HS weight room.
- Mr. Boyd is offering group meetings every Thursday during Warrior Time for those students who want to finish the year strong and improve their academics. Sign up in the guidance office.
- Third quarter incentive to Altitude Trampoline Park is scheduled for Friday, May 4th.
- Please be reminded that on testing days we may need to switch lunches. See switches below!
April 23 & 24: 6th, 7th, 8th
After lunch students who are testing should report either directly to their testing site or the auditorium.
- The last dance of the year will be held Friday, May 11th from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and is open to Ontario Middle School students only. It is a semi-formal event which means dress up! Pre-sale tickets will be sold the week of May 7th and are $10. Tickets at the door will be $12.
- Registration for summer swim team will take place Tuesday, May 1st in the Middle School Commons from 5:30-8:00 p.m. Team suits and swim items will be available for purchase. The summer team will be coached by Mike & Wendi Ruhe (419-564-3729) and Michelle Sesco. Students must be able to swim one lap of the pool to participate. Practices begin May 29th, Monday-Thursday from 6-8 p.m., at the Ontario pool, located at the middle school. The season consists of 6 swim meets, on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. The season ends July 14th.
The girls track team finished 3rd out of 15 teams at the Loudonville Redbird Invitational. Scoring in the meet:
Amanda Phillips - 400 meter dash
Ally Potter - 1600 meter run
Morgan Carroll, Macy Mangan, Chasity Mies, Nuhami Miller - 4x100 relay
Ellie Maurer - 1600 meter run and 800 meter run
Chloe Hollar - high jump
Morgan Carroll, Chasity Mies, Nuhami Miller, Shelby Zimmerman - 4x200 relay
Chloe Hollar, Macy Mangan, Ellie Maurer, Ally Potter - 4x400 relay
Chasity Mies - pole vault (** set the new school record, clearing a height of 8'6" **)
The boys track team finished 7th out of 15 teams at the Loudonville Redbird Invitational. Scoring in the meet were:
Miles Meisse - pole vault
Ken Chang - 1600 meter run
Bryce Wentz, Jordon Bulakovski, Ethan Owens, Braxton Scott - 4x100 relay
Landon Oehrli - 800 meter run
Ethan Owens - high jump
Bryce Wentz, Jordon Bulakovski, Tylor Danals, Zavier Marlow - 4x200 relay
Braxton Scott - 100 meter dash
In a dramatic photo finish, winning by 0.03 seconds:
Ken Chang, Ethan Owens, Braxton Scott, Tylor Danals - 4x400 relay
On April 11th, 21 middle school students attended the FCCLA Career Day with the Cavaliers.The students learned about jobs in the Cavaliers franchise. They heard from an employee who is in charge of the Cavaliers video team, someone who works in the fan experiences, and another person who analyzes numbers and statistics related to the team. The students were able to shoot on the court and later came back for the Cavaliers game.
String Art Contest
Do you like art? The Ontario Recreation Dept. is offering a string art and painting class this Thursday, April 19th, from 6:30 to 8 pm at the City of Ontario Community Room sponsored by Contemporary Art Space. Cost is $25 per person and you take home a wonderful art piece. All ages are welcome. If interested, please go to www.spreadartsohio.com to register today!
Warrior Summer Basketball Playing League
iReady Program Presented
Some of Mrs. Basham's seventh grade math students attended a recent Board of Education meeting to demonstrate the iReady math program. Students did a nice job explaining the program's features and answering questions from the various Board members.
OMS Administrative Staff
Sue Weirich - Principal
John Boyd - Guidance Counselor
Jeanette Ohl - Secretary
Jennifer Zahn - Secretary/Aide
Librarian - Julia Miller
Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator - Amy Nagel
Phone - 419-529-5507
FAX - 419-747-6859
Thu Apr 26 2018
to Fri Apr 27 2018
Warrior Walk Fundraiser
Click on image to enlarge
View our website on your mobile device: m.ontarioschools.org
Please contact Maureen Johnson regarding the content for this page.