Why is Stingel Elementary focusing on having students earn Outstanding O's?
- To increase student use of respectful, responsible, and ready to learn.
- To focus on positive social interactions between staff and students.
- To help us all be more positive this school year.
Who reinforces Outstanding O's?
- ALL Staff will be supplied Outstanding O's to award any class who is being Respectful, Responsible, and Ready to Learn.
What do staff say when they reinforce an Outstanding O?
- The most important thing to remember about Outstanding O's is to provide classes specific, positive feedback about how they are being Respectful, Responsible, and Ready to Learn. For example: "Wow Room___ you are being respectful by walking quietly in the hallway. Since you are using you hallway expectations your class has earned an Outstanding O." "Thanks Room ____ for remembering to line up when the whistle is blown. You are showing that you are ready to learn. You earned an outstanding O."
What do classes do when they receive an Outstanding O?
- Teachers hang up the Outstanding O's in room/hallway where students can see.
What will happen with the Outstanding O's?
- If you receive 10 Outstanding O's, fill out paper to have it announced on the morning announcements and students will get acknowledgements/incentives.
- Tally of Outstanding O's will be displayed near the main entrance.
What are some of the other things to consider about Outstanding O's?
- Outstanding O's can be earned but not lost. This is a positive system.
- If students ask for an outstanding O, kindly say something like, "I know your class will get an Outstanding O soon. All classes can earn them. We will reward them."
- If you need more Outstanding O's, check the teacher workroom.